Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
VMRD Serum Amyloid A Test 15 pcs
Serum Amyloid A Test
VMRD - Serum Amyloid A Test
Early identiﬁcation of infection or systemic inﬂammation is challenging, and initial clinical signs are often subtle. Serum amyloid A (SAA) is a valuable tool as it is rapidly responsive to clinical changes. Virtually undetectable in normal horses, it increases within 6-12 hours in acute inﬂammation and peaks at 1000-fold baseline values – far quicker and more dramatic than ﬁbrinogen or WBC count. As inﬂammation improves, it begins dropping within 12-24 hours.This dynamic nature of SAA makes it an ideal marker for evaluating disease severity and monitoring progression or resolution of illness, including response to treatment.
• Can be used with fresh blood, EDTA blood, or heparin blood
• Samples are collected directly from syringe or from blood tube (test within 12 hours of collection)
• Objective interpretation & quantiﬁcation of results with VMRD Reader
• Results range from<20 μg/mL (normal)up to >3000 μg/mL
• Calibration card keeps results consistent and accurate between readers and over time
|Units per outer box||0|