Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
VMRD SAA Test 15 pcs
Serum Amyloid A Test
VMRD - Serum Amyloid A Test
Early identiﬁcation of infection or systemic inﬂammation is challenging, and initial clinical signs are often subtle. Serum amyloid A (SAA) is a valuable tool as it is rapidly responsive to clinical changes. Virtually undetectable in normal horses, it increases within 6-12 hours in acute inﬂammation and peaks at 1000-fold baseline values – far quicker and more dramatic than ﬁbrinogen or WBC count. As inﬂammation improves, it begins dropping within 12-24 hours.This dynamic nature of SAA makes it an ideal marker for evaluating disease severity and monitoring progression or resolution of illness, including response to treatment.
• Can be used with fresh blood, EDTA blood, or heparin blood
• Samples are collected directly from syringe or from blood tube (test within 12 hours of collection)
• Objective interpretation & quantiﬁcation of results with VMRD Reader
• Results range from<20 μg/mL (normal)up to >3000 μg/mL
• Calibration card keeps results consistent and accurate between readers and over time
|Expiry date||Nov 22, 2020|
|Units per outer box||0|