Pro-Stride APS (autologous protein solution) is a dual-device which offers an all-natural option for horses experiencing joint lameness. The output, ready to use within 30 minutes, consists of a concentrated solution of white blood cells, platelets, growth factors and anti-inflammatory cytokines (including IL-1ra among others).
The output of the Pro-Stride system consists of a concentrated solution of white blood cells, platelets, growth factors(IGFI, HGF, TGF-β, PDGF, FGF2, VEGF, EGF) and anti-inflammatory cytokines (IRAP/IL1ra, sIL1R, sTNFRI and II, IL-10). This combination of molecules not only neutralizes IL-1β and TNF-α, key cytokines for chronic inflammation, but also aid in the healing process of damaged tissues.
The Pro-Stride APS system consists of two different devices:
- Separator device: The first device produces an enriched PRP or ePRP (Platelet Rich Plasma + buffy coat). This PRP can be used directly for soft tissue injuries such as tendons, ligaments or wounds. It is commercially available under the name of Restigen.
- APS Concentrator device: The ePRP is to be loaded into the second device which contains desiccant polyacrylamides crystal beads. These crystals absorb the residual moisture from the PRP increasing the final concentrations.
The advantages of the use of Pro-Stride can be summarized as follows:
- Clinically demonstrated effectiveness
- Inflammation and pain relief up to 52 weeks (long term effect)*
- < 30 minute treatment
- Ambulatory convenience
- No freezing required (No denaturalization)
- No incubation required (No increase in pro-inflammatory factors, ↓ risk of contamination)
- Better cellular and cytokine profile for blocking inflammation compared to similar devices
* A. Bertone, Am J Vet Res 2014; 75:141-151
There are several naturally occurring inhibitors (anti-inflammatory proteins) of the pro-inflammatory cytokines IL-1 and TNF-alpha. These include the interleukin-1 receptor antagonist protein (IRAP), also known as IL-1ra, SIL-1r, also known as Soluble interleukin-1 receptor and STNF-rs, known as Soluble tumour necrosis factor receptors. All of these are highly concentrated within Pro-Stride APS.
- Pro-Stride does not require an incubation period
- Pro-Stride's output is not an autologous conditioned serum (ACS)
- Pro-Stride is never frozen
- Additional Information
SKU 903000VET-6PK Tax Class 9% Brand Owl Manor Veterinary
- Product downloads