Supplementary animal feed
A concentrated, scientifically formulated and cost effective electrolyte supplement for daily use in performance horses
Each 60 g (1 scoop = 60 g) of Isopro 2000 contains: Chloride 11.844mg, Carbonate 8.634mg, Sodium 6.691 mg, Calcium 5.765 mg, Bicarbonate 5.229 mg, Potassium 5.034 mg, Citrate 2.400 mg, Sulphate 1.149 mg, Magnesium 290 mg, Dextrose QSP 60 g and Aniseed Oil Flavouring.
Isopro 2000 is a complementary (dietetic) feeding stuff for horses for the compensation of electrolyte loss in cases of heavy sweating.
Isopro 2000 should be added to the normal feed ration. Feed 60 g (1 scoop = 60 g) per day. Fresh drinking water should be available at all times. It is recommended that a specialist’s opinion be sought before use.
Instructions for useISOPRO 2000 should be added to the normal feed ration.
Horses in Training
Feed 60 g per day.
Fresh drinking water should be available at all times.
Complementary Feedingstuff for Horses.
Isotonic Electrolyte Supplement
ISOPRO 2000 is a Concentrated, Scientifically Formulated and Cost Effective Electrolyte Supplement.
· ISOPRO 2000 is an isotonic formulation of essential electrolytes.
· ISOPRO 2000 is a cost effective electrolyte, ideal for large training yards.
· ISOPRO 2000 is naturally flavoured with aniseed, which is highly palatable to the horse.
How do electrolytes help your horse’s performance?
· Sodium: Fundamental for muscle contraction, nerve and cellular function and osmotic movement into and out of cells.
· Potassium: Has a synergistic relationship with Sodium in it’s involvement in osmotic regulation of the cell and nerve and muscle contraction.
· Chloride: Involved along with Sodium and Potassium in the acid/base balance maintenance of cells. Chloride is critical in proper kidney function.
· Calcium: Involved in cell membrane function, blood coagulation and neuromuscular functions.
· Magnesium: Essential for muscle contraction and energy production.
· Bicarbonate: Acts as a ‘buffer’ helping to prevent a build-up of lactic acid.
· Sulphate: Improves absorption of negatively charged electrolytes.
· Citrate: Helps re-establish an isotonic balance.
ISOPRO 2000 is an isotonic electrolyte supplement for daily use in performance horses.
High work intensities can increase heat production 40 to 60 times over that of basal metabolism. Heat production of this magnitude can limit performance. The major pathway for heat dispersion in the horse is sweat loss. Sweating results in the loss of not only water but also essential electrolytes. If these losses are not replaced, metabolic imbalances may result in a lactic acid build up, ‘tying up’ syndrome, dehydration and decreased performance.