You are currently visiting our International webshop, visitors from the UK, ES, NL, BE, DE and FR. Please make sure you choose the correct webshop of your country, scroll down the page to choose the correct store. If your country is not available in the dropdown below you can shop at the international website. Thank you!
Hoofmaker 60 x 20 g
Supplementary animal feed
Only 2 left
Provides all the nutrients necessary to protect and nourish every layer within the hoof horn
HOOFMAKER provides all the nutrients necessary to protect and nourish every layer within the hoof horn. This sulphur enriched formula will ensure that important nutrients are supplied to the horses diet, to optimise hoof growth and improve integrity of the hoof. It contains a concentrated source of the sulphur rich amino acid Methionine and the sulphur rich nutrient MSM. Keratin sulphate the structural component of the hoof horn has a high sulphur content. It contains a very high level of Biotin 37.5mg per daily serving. Also included are Calcium, essential for cohesion in the hoof wall, Zinc which is required for healing of all epidermal tissue and other amino acids which are the building blocks of protein.
Adult horses: Feed 20g per day. Ponies and foals: Feed 20g every second day. For best results it is recommended to feed HOOFMAKER for 180 days. New improved hoof growth will be evident near the coronary band after just one month.
HOOFMAKER should be added to the normal feed ration.
Feed one 20g sachet per day.
Ponies and Foals
Feed one 20 g sachet every second day.
For Best Results it is recommended to feed HOOFMAKER for 180 days. New improved hoof growth will be evident near the coronary band after just one month.
Complementary Feedingstuff for Horses.
'The Ultimate Supplement for Hooves
HOOFMAKER is the ultimate feed supplement for hooves. This new formula will nourish every tissue in the hoof horn to optimise conditions for maximum hoof growth.
· HOOFMAKER contains a concentrated source of the sulphur rich amino acid Methionine (2,500 mg), and the sulphur rich nutrient Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM) (2,500 mg) per 20g sachet. Keratin Sulphate, the structural component in the hoof horn has a high sulphur content. Therefore, it is very important to include high levels of these sulphur rich nutrients for optimum keratinisation, and structural integrity of the hoof wall.
· The vitamin Biotin, is also essential for the production of keratin sulphate. Research has shown that a biotin deficiency can be one of the major causes of cracks and brittleness in the hoof wall. Each 20g sachet of HOOFMAKER contains a high level (37.5mg) of Biotin to ensure optimal levels of this nutrient.
· Calcium is an essential mineral for keratin stabilisation and cohesion in the hoof wall. Research has shown that a calcium deficiency can pre-dispose hooves to weakness, brittleness and cracks originating at the coronary band.
· Zinc is paramount for the proper healing of all epidermal tissue, especially the hooves. Zinc is an essential component of a metalloenzyme - necessary for protein synthesis.
· Amino acids are the building blocks of protein - which are essential constituents of hoof horn.
The Hoof - The Foundation of the Horse
HOOFMAKER provides all the nutrients necessary to protect and nourish every layer within the hoof horn. This new ‘sulphur enriched’ formula will ensure that important nutrients are supplied to the horses diet, to ensure optimum hoof growth and improved integrity of the hoof.
The hoof is a highly specialised horny shell composed of three layers; the stratum externum, medium and internum. The hoof covers sensitive bones, nerves, connective tissue and vascular tissue. The primary function of the hoof is to protect the underlying structures, and to increase the surface area for the dissipation of locomotor forces. In essence, the hoof is the foundation of the horse.