Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
Oxytetracycline 10% 250 ml
Is the registration number of your country not listed? Then this product falls within the cascade control system.
Injectable solution containing oxytetracycline 10%, a bacteriostatic antibiotic with a broad spectrum of activity.
Disclaimer: Product in the photo may differ from the actual product.
Oxytetracycline 10% 250ml
Oxytetracycline is a bacteriostatic antibiotic with a broad spectrum of activity. This means that both Gram positive and Gram negative bacteria are susceptible. The bacteriostatic effect is achieved through interfering with the bacteria’s protein synthesis. After being injected intramuscularly therapeutic serum concentrations are achieved rapidly and are maintained for about 24 hours.
Cattle, pigs, dogs, and cats.
Cattle: pneumonia caused by micro-organisms that are susceptible to oxytetracycline, including Pasteurella haemolytica and Fusobacterium necrophorum.
Pigs: (Broncho-)Pneumonia caused by Pasteurella multocida, Pasteurella haemolytica, Bordetella bronchiseptica, or Actinobacillus pleuropneumoniae.
Dogs and cats: infections caused by micro-organisms that are susceptible to oxytetracycline.
Instructions for use
Dosage and administration
Intramuscular injection during a maximum of 3 days.
Cattle: 4 ml per 100 kg bodyweight with a maximum of 20 ml per injection location
Pigs: 2-3 ml per 50 kg bodyweight
Dogs and cats: 1 ml per 10 kg bodyweight
Meat: 35 days
Milk: 4 days
IKB pigs: 35 days
- Do not combine oxytetracycline with other antimicrobials
- Do not vaccinate animals concurrently with oxytetracycline administration
- Resistance can develop quickly, cross-resistance will develop fully.
- In case of hypersensitivity reactions such a photosensibility, the administration of oxytetracycline should be stopped immediately.
- The effectivity of oxytetracycline is reduced in the presence of polyvalent cations. To this effect iron injections should not be administered in the same body part as oxytetracycline.
Oxytetracycline Hydrochloride: 100 mg
Sodium formaldehyde sulfoxylate: 5 mg
Methyl parahydroxybenzoate (E218) 1 mg
Propyl parahydroxybenzoate (E216) 0.1 mg
Magnesium chloride (E511)
Water for injections