Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
Dolorex 10 ml
Per ml: Butorphanol 10 mg (equivalent to butorphanol tartrate 14.6 mg).
Butorphanol is intended for use where short (horse and dog) and short to medium (cat) duration analgesia is required.
Horse: For relief of pain associated with colic of gastrointestinal tract origin. For sedation in combination with certain a2-adrenoceptor agonists
Dog: For relief of moderate visceral pain. For sedation in combination with certain a2-adrenoceptor agonists
Cat: For the relief of moderate pain associated with soft tissue surgery.
Dosage and administration route
- Horse: 0.05 to 0.1 mg/kg, intravenous route, (i.e. 2.5 to 5 ml for 500 kg bw).
- Dog: 0.2 to 0.4 mg/kg, intravenous route, (i.e. 0.2 to 0.4 ml/10 kg bw).
- Cat: 0.4 mg/kg, subcutaneous route, (i.e. 0.2 ml/5 kg bw).
Butorphanol can be used in combination with an a2-adrenoceptor agonist (e.g. (me)detomidine or romifidine). Adjustment of the dose will then be necessary according to the following recommendations:
- Horse: Detomidine: 0.01 – 0.02 mg/kg intravenous route. Butorphanol: 0.01 – 0.02 mg/kg intravenous route.
Detomidine should be administered up to 5 min before butorphanol.
Romifidine: 0.05 mg/kg intravenous route. Butorphanol: 0.02 mg/kg intravenous route.
Romifidine can be administered concurrently or 4 min before butorphanol.
- Dog: Medetomidine: 0.01 – 0.03 mg/kg intramuscular route. Butorphanol: 0.1 – 0.2 mg/kg intramuscular route.
Medetomidine and butorphanol can be administered concurrently.