Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
Bio Sponge Powder 1,8 kg
Supplementary animal feed
Bio Sponge Powder 1,8 kg
Bio-Sponge® is an equine health supplement designed to help support healthy gastrointestinal function in foals and adult horses. This formula has substantial capacity to adsorb toxins, viruses, bacteria and free radicals that can cause diarrhea in the horse.
Di-Tri-Octahedral Smectite 97,500mg per scoop (97.5g)
Bio-Sponge™, an intestinal protectant composed of di-tri-octahedral smectite, may help create an intestinal environment that protects against the harmful effects of microbial overgrowth and toxin production. This is particularly important for neonatal and young foals that are at particular risk due to their immature -- yet developing -- intestinal microflora and immune system. Additionally, Bio-Sponge™ may be beneficial in horses with endotoxemia, post-operative diarrhea, and after toxin ingestion.
Healthy newborn foals: For best results, following an adequate intake of colostrum administer 3 tablespoons of Bio-Sponge® powder mixed with 30cc of water 6 hours after the foal first nurses the mare. Administer twice daily for 6 days or as directed by your veterinarian.
Newborn Foals with intestinal disturbances: For best results in newborn foals with diarrhea, following an adequate intake of colostrum administer 3 tablespoons of Bio-Sponge® powder mixed with 30cc of water 2-4 times or as directed by your veterinarian. Discontinue use 1 day after intestinal disturbances resolve.
Adult Horses with intestinal disturbances: Administer 97.5g of Bio-Sponge® powder twice daily or as directed by your veterinarian. Amount can be increased in severe cases: administer up to 490g (approx 5 level scoops) powder mixed in 3 liters of water once every 6 to 12 hours until the diarrhea resolves. Amount per dose can be reduced in less severe cases.
* Discontinue if there is no noticeable improvement after 7 days of use.
Putting it into Practice
• To reduce the risk of diet-induced colitis, make all dietary changes slowly, over 10-14 days.
• Include Bio-Sponge™ supplementation in the veterinary care of adult horses with acute colitis.
• Supplement foals and adult horses affected with diarrhea with Bio-Sponge™ to support gastrointestinal health.
• After an adequate volume of high quality colostrum has been ingested, supplement with Bio-Sponge™ to support the gastrointestinal health of foals on farms with a history of endemic Rotavirus or Clostridium difficile.
Alternative is Bentovet nr. 14542000