Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
Quadrisol oral gel for horses 3x30 ml IE-UK
Antipyretic NSAID causing a reduction of inflammation and relief of pain associated with musculo-skeletal disorders and soft tissue lesions.
Quadrisol 100 mg/ml oral gel for horses 3x30ml
Active ingredient: Vedaprofen 100mg/ml
Target animal: Horse
- According to experienced veterinarians* Quadrisol has a better antipyretic effect than other NSAIDs.
- A single dose of Quadrisol may be sufficient to combat a high temperature associated with vaccination.
- Pain relief and reduction of inflammation associated with musculoskeletal disorders, surgery, and soft tissue trauma.
- Quadrisol is the only NSAID registered for use in pregnant mares.
- Quadrisol can be given prophylactically at a minimum of 3 hours prior to elective surgery.
*Survey of Dutch veterinarians 2016-2017
|Legal status of supply||POM|
|Route of administration||Oral|
|Withdrawal period||12 days|
|Expiry date||Dec 31, 2021|
|Units per outer box||12|
Instructions for use
- 1 syringe is sufficient to treat a 500 kg horse for 2.5 days, including the loading dose.
- Administration is facilitated by the handy dosage ring on the plunger, and the chocolate flavour of the gel.
Dosage and administration:
- For oral use.
- Loading dose: 2 mg / kg à 2 ml per 100 kg. This is followed by the maintenance dosage of 1 mg / kg > 1 ml per 100 kg every 12 hours (BID)
- The loading dose for a 500 kg horse is 10 ml, followed by a maintenance dosage of 5ml twice a day.
- The treatment can be administered for a maximum of 14 consecutive days.
- In case of prophylactic treatment, a maximal treatment period of 7 consecutive days is recommended. Bodyweight and dosage must be determined accurately in order to prevent overdosing.
- Before administering Quadrisol, the syringe should be adjusted to the calculated dosage by setting the ring on the plunger.
- Administer Quadrisol directly into the mouth.