Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
Megluxin 250 ml
Flunixine-meglumine, injectable solution
Flunixin (meglumine) is a NSAID with an analgesic and antipyretic activity. It acts by blocking the biosynthesis of prostaglandins upon inhibition of cyclo-oxigenase.
The aromatic rings of flunixin initially undergo hydroxylation followed by conjugation. The conjugate can then suffer an alkaline hydroxylation in the horses which increases the quantity of the free active ingredient. The mean half-life of the elimination of 1.1mg/kg b.w. of the product is 1.5 hours. Elimination principally occurs by the urinary route.
Horses: Inflammations and Colics
- To treat inflammation and pain associated with muscular-skeletal alterations
- To treat visceral pain associated with colics
- To prevent endotoxic shock from acute gastrointestinal diseases.
Swine: MMA Syndrome.
- help in the treatment of the mastitis-metritis-agalactica syndrome in sows.
Cattle: Inflammations and Respiratory infections.
- to treat chronic inflammation associated with respiratory tract infections.
|Target species||Cattle, Horse, Pig|
|Legal status of supply||POM|
|Expiry date||Mar 26, 2023|
|Units per outer box||100|