Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
Masivet 150 mg 30 tablets
Masivet is used in mast cell tumors that cannot be surgically removed.
Masivet 150 mg
Masivet® contains the active substance masitinib. Masivet belongs to the so-called protein tyrosine kinase inhibitors. It inhibits the enzyme protein tyrosine kinase (PTK). These enzymes are involved in core cell functions. By inhibiting the enzyme, the growth of certain cells is reduced.
We use Masivet® for the treatment of dogs with mast cell tumors (mastocytoma) with the following characteristics:
- Malignant mastocytomas (grade 2 or 3).
- Which cannot be operated on.
- With a damaged (mutation) KIT receptor.
The effect of the drug must be measurable within 4 to 6 weeks after starting treatment with Masivet®.
If the tumor contains mutated KIT receptors, it takes longer for the tumor to get worse when treated with Masivet®.
- With Masivet®, the tumor grows after an average of 241 days.
- Without Masivet® this is after an average of 83 days.
Instructions for use
Masivet® should not be used in dogs with:
- Certain types of liver or kidney disease
- Too few red (anemia) or white blood cells
- Dogs less than six months old
- Dogs weighing less than 4 kg
- Bitches who are pregnant or nursing their young.
- Are allergic to Masivet®
The tablets are administered through the mouth once a day.
The dose depends on the weight of the affected dog.
The duration of treatment depends on the response to treatment in the dog.
Active Ingredient: Mastinib
Pig liver powder
Titanium dioxide (E171)
Sunset yellow (E110) aluminum paint.