Quadrisol oral gel for horses 3x30 ml DK-NO-SE-FI
Is the registration number of your country not listed? Then this product falls within the cascade control system.
Antipyretic NSAID causing a reduction of inflammation and relief of pain associated with musculo-skeletal disorders and soft tissue lesions.
Disclaimer: Product in the photo may differ from the actual product.
Quadrisol 100 mg/ml oral gel for horses 3x30ml
Active ingredient: Vedaprofen 100mg/ml
Target animal: Horse
- According to experienced veterinarians* Quadrisol has a better antipyretic effect than other NSAIDs.
- A single dose of Quadrisol may be sufficient to combat a high temperature associated with vaccination.
- Pain relief and reduction of inflammation associated with musculoskeletal disorders, surgery, and soft tissue trauma.
- Quadrisol is the only NSAID registered for use in pregnant mares.
- Quadrisol can be given prophylactically at a minimum of 3 hours prior to elective surgery.
*Survey of Dutch veterinarians 2016-2017
Instructions for use
- 1 syringe is sufficient to treat a 500 kg horse for 2.5 days, including the loading dose.
- Administration is facilitated by the handy dosage ring on the plunger, and the chocolate flavour of the gel.
Dosage and administration:
- For oral use.
- Loading dose: 2 mg / kg à 2 ml per 100 kg. This is followed by the maintenance dosage of 1 mg / kg > 1 ml per 100 kg every 12 hours (BID)
- The loading dose for a 500 kg horse is 10 ml, followed by a maintenance dosage of 5ml twice a day.
- The treatment can be administered for a maximum of 14 consecutive days.
- In case of prophylactic treatment, a maximal treatment period of 7 consecutive days is recommended. Bodyweight and dosage must be determined accurately in order to prevent overdosing.
- Before administering Quadrisol, the syringe should be adjusted to the calculated dosage by setting the ring on the plunger.
- Administer Quadrisol directly into the mouth.