Dolorex 50 ml
Is the registration number of your country not listed? Then this product falls within the cascade control system.
Disclaimer: Product in the photo may differ from the actual product.
Per ml: Butorphanol 10 mg (equivalent to butorphanol tartrate 14.6 mg).
Butorphanol is intended for use where short (horse and dog) and short to medium (cat) duration analgesia is required.
Horse: For relief of pain associated with colic of gastrointestinal tract origin. For sedation in combination with certain a2-adrenoceptor agonists
Dog: For relief of moderate visceral pain. For sedation in combination with certain a2-adrenoceptor agonists
Cat: For the relief of moderate pain associated with soft tissue surgery.
Dosage and administration route
- Horse: 0.05 to 0.1 mg/kg, intravenous route, (i.e. 2.5 to 5 ml for 500 kg bw).
- Dog: 0.2 to 0.4 mg/kg, intravenous route, (i.e. 0.2 to 0.4 ml/10 kg bw).
- Cat: 0.4 mg/kg, subcutaneous route, (i.e. 0.2 ml/5 kg bw).
Butorphanol can be used in combination with an a2-adrenoceptor agonist (e.g. (me)detomidine or romifidine). Adjustment of the dose will then be necessary according to the following recommendations:
- Horse: Detomidine: 0.01 – 0.02 mg/kg intravenous route. Butorphanol: 0.01 – 0.02 mg/kg intravenous route.
Detomidine should be administered up to 5 min before butorphanol.
Romifidine: 0.05 mg/kg intravenous route. Butorphanol: 0.02 mg/kg intravenous route.
Romifidine can be administered concurrently or 4 min before butorphanol.
- Dog: Medetomidine: 0.01 – 0.03 mg/kg intramuscular route. Butorphanol: 0.1 – 0.2 mg/kg intramuscular route.
Medetomidine and butorphanol can be administered concurrently.