Hipra - Megluxin 100ml (50mg)
Flunixin (meglumine) is a NSAID with an analgesic and antipyretic activity. It acts by blocking the biosynthesis of prostaglandins upon inhibition of cyclo-oxigenase.
The aromatic rings of flunixin initially undergo hydroxylation followed by conjugation. The conjugate can then suffer an alkaline hydroxylation in the horses which increases the quantity of the free active ingredient. The mean half-life of the elimination of 1.1mg/kg b.w. of the product is 1.5 hours. Elimination principally occurs by the urinary route.
Horses: Inflammations and Colics
- To treat inflammation and pain associated with muscular-skeletal alterations
- To treat visceral pain associated with colics
- To prevent endotoxic shock from acute gastrointestinal diseases.
Swine: MMA Syndrome.
- help in the treatment of the mastitis-metritis-agalactica syndrome in sows.
Cattle: Inflammations and Respiratory infections.
- to treat chronic inflammation associated with respiratory tract infections.
- Additional Information
SKU 801314 Tax Class 9% Brand Hipra Route of Administration I.M. or I.V. Active Ingredient Flunixin Meglumine Target Species Horse, Cattle, Swine Units per outerbox 100 Veterinary Advice
Do not administer to race horses in the 8 days prior to competition.
- Product downloads